Exciting opportunity for a Friction Stir Welding Engineer to join our team as we expand into the Friction Stir Welding arena! The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing specific welding recipes, procedures, and application of welding equipment to problems involving fabrication of metals, utilizing knowledge of production specifications, properties and characteristics of metals and metal alloys, and engineering principles: Conducting research and development investigations to develop and test new fabrication processes and procedures, improve existing or develop new welding equipment, developing new or modifying current welding methods, techniques, and procedures, discovering new patterns of welding phenomena, or to correlate and substantiate hypotheses.
- Preparing technical reports as result of research and development, preventive maintenance investigations and customer verification reports.
- Establishing welding procedures to guide production and welding personnel relating to specification restrictions, material processes, pre- and post-heating requirements which involve use of complex alloys, unusual fabrication methods, welding of critical joints, and complex postheating requirements.
- Evaluating new developments in welding field for possible application to current welding problems or production processes.
- Execute, direct and coordinate technical personnel in performing inspections to ensure workers’ compliance with established welding procedures, restrictions, and standards; in testing welds for conformance with national code requirements; or testing welding personnel for certification.
- Contact personnel of other agencies, engineering personnel, or clients to exchange ideas, information, or offer technical advice concerning welding matters.
- May perform experimental welding to evaluate new equipment, techniques, and materials
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- BS in Welding or Material Engineering required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience required; student with formal welding engineer degree may be considered
- Industrial engineering experience
- Quality control experience
- Continuous improvement experience
- Program/Project Management preferred
- Ability to be learn specific new technology welding techniques
Taber Extrusions LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO-M/F/D/V and encourages Diverse Candidates to Apply