Aluminum Casthouse Specs
Available Aluminum Billet Sizes
7 – Inch
8 – Inch
9 – Inch
16 – Inch
20 – Inch
10” x 28” rectangle
- On-site alloy verification and certification
- Ultrasonic testing
- Recycled content makeup: 25-30% prime, 70-75% scrap (re-cycled commercial scrap and extrusion manufacturing scrap)
- Recycling aluminum saves 95% of the energy it takes to refine new aluminum
- For every 1-ton of aluminum recycled, the planet is spared 9 tons of CO2 emissions
- Since 1884, billions of metric tons of aluminum have been produced, and roughly 74% of that is still in use due to its recyclability
Available Aluminum Alloys
- 1xxx series
- 2xxx series
- 3xxx series
- 5xxx series
- 6xxx series
- 7xxx series
Taber’s Aluminum Casting Upgrades
Taber has recently invested in upgrading our aluminum casting capabilities. Our new and improved casthouse is a testament to our dedication to achieving the broadest capabilities in the aluminum extrusion industry. We like to keep everything under one roof… from casting to extrusion, to machining and beyond. Ingots cast from prime and recycled aluminum to meet required quality and chemistry specifications.
Taber Extrusions is a full-service partner, and we have an unwavering commitment to consistently meeting and exceeding customer expectations by providing both products and service of the highest quality. This commitment is at the core of our value added philosophy.
º ISO 9001:2008 ( Technically equivalent to EN9100:2009 and JISQ 9100:2009)
º AS 9100C
º ABS QUALITY ASSURANCE Program certificate no. 11-MMPQA-652. ABS Mill approval to produce extruded aluminum alloys Products for Marine applications 5083H111, 5086H111, 5454H111, 5456H111, 6061T6, 6082T6. Maximum diameter: 1.0 inch Casting process included.
Taber Extrusions is proud to be recognized as a Minority Business Enterprise or MBE supplier for aluminum extrusions.