We are currently looking to fill a Continuous Improvement Engineer position. The successful candidate will be responsible for initiating and directing continuous improvement projects that: reduce material waste, improve quality of product and processes, increase productivity of production lines and other cost improvement efforts in order to improve profitability.
This position provides individuals a unique opportunity to develop a well-rounded knowledge of aluminum manufacturing. Individuals will routinely interact with all levels of plant and division staff through events, meetings, reviews, and daily improvement activities. This position requires a hands-on, on the production floor, daily commitment mentality driven to implement and sustain systematic improvement. One of the expectations of this position is for the individual to develop skill sets that lead to potential opportunities with division and plant leadership as part of the organization’s succession planning.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination of experience and education, 10 years manufacturing experience
• Ten (10) years manufacturing experience in process/manufacturing engineering is preferred. Specific technical knowledge may be required as applicable.
• Safety and quality minded.
• Organized and detail oriented. Self-motivated and team oriented.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts.
• Knowledge of MS Office applications required.
• Ability to work as a team
Taber Extrusions LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO-M/F/D/V and encourages Diverse Candidates to Apply