Taber Extrusions Micro-Extrusion Capabilities
Our micro-extrusion manufacturing lines have a production envelope with a circle size of 3 inches or less and a weight per foot of .008 up to .5 lbs. ft. For comparison, the 8,600 ton press in Taber’s Russellville facility produces profiles with a minimum weight of 6 lbs. per foot.
Unlike traditional extrusion presses, these micro-extrusion presses are built to allow for the production of extrusions with wall thicknesses of 0.020 inches and tolerance capabilities of +/- 0.001 inches (depending on shape design). These miniature extrusion production centers allow designers and engineers the freedom to engineer profiles that are un-extrudable through conventional presses.
- Lower tooling costs than traditional extrusion
- Meeting tighter dimensional and tolerance requirements than generally seen with the traditional extrusion process
- Fast turn-around reducing time to market
Quality Custom Extrusion
- Registered to ISO 9001:2015 AS9100D
- Weight per foot of .008 up to .5 lbs. ft.
- Cross section of the part must fit within a 3″ circle
- Minimum wall thickness of 0.020 inches (alloy profile dependent)
- Aluminum Association Precision Tolerances
- Key characteristic tolerances of ±0.001 inches (in some cases)
- Surface finish of 16 Ra or better
Key advantages for you:
- Greater design flexibility
- High-quality precision aluminum extrusions FAST!
- Net shapes to reduce costly machining operations
- Thinwall capability
- Excellent surface finish
Taber Extrusions is a full-service partner, and we have an unwavering commitment to consistently meeting and exceeding customer expectations by providing both products and service of the highest quality. This commitment is at the core of our value added philosophy.
º ISO 9001:2008 ( Technically equivalent to EN9100:2009 and JISQ 9100:2009)
º AS 9100C
º ABS QUALITY ASSURANCE Program certificate no. 11-MMPQA-652. ABS Mill approval to produce extruded aluminum alloys Products for Marine applications 5083H111, 5086H111, 5454H111, 5456H111, 6061T6, 6082T6. Maximum diameter: 1.0 inch Casting process included.