The Materials Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of materials flow and maintaining control and accuracy of all inventories and raw materials receiving to ensure customer orders are fulfilled on time. Includes responsibility for all transactions, procurement, planning, scheduling and cost objectives. The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety by applying a strong working knowledge of safety principles to anticipate and mitigate potential safety hazards.
- Provide management, mentoring and training to the Material’s Team
- Ensure all company policies and work rules are being followed and are administered fairly
- Participate as a productive Team member in making cross- functional operational decisions
- Leader in developing continuous improvement activities within Taber
- Manage material flow and inventory transactions through the plant, providing delivery within delivery lead time goals.
- Responsible for production scheduling, job status reporting & delivery forecasting
- Responsible for all material inventory management (i.e. days on hand, number of turns, scrap control, finished good stock and safe storage of material etc.)
- Responsible for part set-up and maintenance, including process routing, work center part rate, bill of materials and production reporting.
- Produces all internal and external reporting on a periodic basis (i.e. raw material supplier score cards, on time delivery performance, shipping efficiency, shipping cost, material costs)
- Collaborate with management group to prepare the materials budget, schedule, expenditures, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions
- Analyze supply vs. demand to identify potential issues, develop and implement solutions and proactively communicate to all involved parties.
- Determine reorder points and ensures that appropriate levels of inventory are maintained.
- Supports ISO 9001 functions and ensures procedures are maintained and followed
Education and Experience
- Integrated Supply Chain Management Degree and experience preferred
- Strong Management and Team Building skills
- Three years of progressive experience in professional Materials position(s) is desired
- Minimum of three years Inventory Control experience preferred
- APICS or CPM certification or willingness to obtain within the first year of employment
- Advanced ERP system experience – PLEX preferred
- Aluminum Extrusions background preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Breakthrough Thinking – able to think outside the box
- Self-starter initiator, key leader in the management team
- Change Catalyst – able to see need for change and drive the change through
- Holding People Accountable – able to empower others and hold accountable to deliverables
- Team Commitment – strong work ethic and team work essential
- Team Leadership – ability to motivate and drive improvement
- Strong verbal & written communication
- Strong financial acumen
- Experience with financial budgeting within the Materials Department
- Determines lead-time based on back order level and production capabilities
- Lead inventory cycle counts & physical inventory on monthly/quarterly basis.
- Participate in inventory reconciliation, identifies negative indicators, complete root cause analysis and lead close loop corrective actions
Taber Extrusions LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO-M/F/D/V and encourages Diverse Candidates to Apply
Job Type: Full-time
- Inventory Control: 3 years (Preferred)
- Materials Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Aluminum Extrusions operations: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Russellville, AR (Preferred)
- United States (Required)