The Fabrication Manager will provide leadership to Taber’s Fabrication organization as well as the implementation of processes, systems, and lean manufacturing.
- Lead and Implement lean practices & principals within the Fabrication group.
- Responsible for the overall staff management of the Fabrication group including scheduling, training & development.
- Reinforce Taber Extrusion’s culture of safety
- Develop and incorporate production metrics for the Fabrication group as well as provide insights to management and other functional areas.
- Maintain the annual Fabrication budget, assist with budget preparation and understand the balance sheet for The Fabrication group.
- Drive improved efficiency, utilization and cost reductions through the implementation of lean manufacturing principles. Ensure a culture of continuous improvement within the Fabrication group.
- Provide continual technical support and training to the Taber sales team on fabrication opportunities.
- Program, troubleshoot and maintain multiple types of CNC machining centers. Ensure machines are optimized. Determine appropriate product mix for machines and make recommendations on equipment related matters.
- Perform fabrication quoting and maintain necessary recordkeeping
- BS in Engineering related field
- Proven record of successful fabrication management, technical abilities, and personal leadership.
- A minimum of 5 years in a direct supervisory or management role; leading and mentoring teams, managing multiple shifts, etc.
- Direct experience with aluminum fabrication including CNC machines and other value added processes.
- Application of root cause corrective action tools
- Lean Six Sigma Experience, Six Sigma Black Belt certification a plus.
Critical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understanding of machine tooling and specifications
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Advanced Excel skills required (ex. Pivot Tables, V-Lookups, etc.).
- Analytical & detail oriented.
Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-past, deadline-oriented environment.
Taber Extrusions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO-M/F/D/V and encourages Diverse Candidates to Apply