The Maintenance Mechanic repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines from and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments
- Repairs or replaces defective parts
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices
- Lubricates and cleans parts
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair part.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- Follows safe work procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualifications and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school education or equivalent and three to five years related experience or training.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Legal Plan
Job Type: Full-time
Maintenance Mechanic: 3 years
High school or equivalent
Taber Extrusions LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO-M/F/D/V and encourages Diverse Candidates to Apply